CLASS FEE: $2.00 per class for the following (*) classes: Fitting Classes-Senior and Junior Division. Showmanship Classes –Senior, Intermediate, Junior Divisions, Novice and Futures. Breeding Classes Youth and Open Show- *8-*21. Working Steer and Ox Show Classes-Senior and Junior Divisions. Steer and Ox Classes *3-*10.
1. Mail entries to Hannah Clark, 1049 North Cream Hill Road, Shoreham, VT 05770. Entries must be received by July 20, 2016. Late entries will not be accepted.
ABSOLUTELY NO ADDITIONAL ENTRIES CAN BE MADE DURING FAIR WEEK.
2. Enclose entry fee of $5.00 for each animal stabled and entered in OPEN SHOW. Make check payable to Addison County Field Days.
3. Field Days assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to animals from any cause. Entries accepted only on this condition.
4. All animals shall be on the grounds prior to Noon on Thursday, August 11th.
5. All entries must remain on the grounds until 9 p.m. on Saturday, August 13th. Failure to abide by arrival and departure times will result in loss of premiums and/or awards. Cattle may remain on the grounds until Sunday. Security is provided.
6. A load of bark will be furnished for the exhibitors, when the bark is gone it will be up to the exhibitors to furnish bedding. Exhibitors must bring their own hay, grain, feed and water pails.
7. All animals in breeding classes must be registered in the respective breed associations before exhibiting. The Show Superintendent shall examine certificates of registry and transfer. Exhibitors with grade animals may enter them into a commercial class.
8. All animals to be shown in this Show must be quartered in the Beef & Working Steer Tent.
9. Each youth exhibitor should be present to show his/her animals and should not receive help from anyone outside the show ring. No one is allowed in the show ring except the exhibitor, the judge and necessary attendants.
10. All exhibitors will be required to wear clean, neat clothing proper for showing. Blue jeans are acceptable.
11. Ages of all animals must be given and satisfactorily verified if requested.
12. In case of cattle entered but not exhibited, entrance fee shall be forfeited.
13. Health requirements:
A. State Health Regulations in effect at the time of entry shall apply if there is a conflict with the following requirements:
I. A health certificate prepared by your veterinarian shall be required for all animals BEFORE stabling is permitted. SUCH CERTIFICATE SHALL BE AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION AT ANY TIME DURING THE SHOW.
II. Vaccination for rabies is required thirty(30) days prior to show.
III. Vaccination for shipping fever is recommended.
B. Animals showing signs, symptoms, suspicions or evidence of any infectious disease, sickness or disorder- including (but not limited to) mange, warts, pinkeye, ringworm, or scabies - shall be barred from the grounds upon arrival and/or at any time during the show when such is detected.
14. The Beef and Working Steer Show is open to anyone willing to abide by the rules.
15. Entries are limited to two (2) in each single class, and one (1) in each group class.
16. All animals in group entries must also have been shown in respective single classes.
17. Animals can be shown in the Breeding Class or Market Class but not both. Animals also can only be shown in the Beef Show or the Working Steer Show but not both.
18. Youth are responsible for taking care of their animal and showing the animal.
19. PREMIUMS: $9.00 = Blue, $7.00 = Red, and $4.00 = White, for the following (*) classes, Fitting Classes-Senior and Junior Division. Showmanship Classes – Senior, Intermediate, Junior Divisions, Novice and Futures. Breeding Classes Youth and Open Show- *8-*21. Working Steer and Ox Show Classes-Senior and Junior Divisions. Steer and Ox Classes *3-*10.
BEEF SHOW CLASSES
Classes are for all recognized beef breeds.
YOUTH SHOW FITTING CLASSES
*1. Senior Division
*2. Junior Division
SHOWMANSHIP CLASSES (all youth must enter)
*3. Senior Division
*4. Intermediate Division
*5. Junior Division
*6. Novice (8-18 years old & first year showing)
*7. Futures (under 8)
BREEDING CLASSES YOUTH and OPEN SHOW
*8. Junior Heifer Calf (January 1, 2016 to March 31, 2016)
*9. Spring Heifer Calf (April 1, 2016 to June 30, 2016)
*10. Senior Heifer Calf (September 1, 2015 to October 31, 2015)
*11. Winter Heifer Calf (November 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015)
*12. Summer Yearling Heifer (July 1, 2015 to August 31, 2015)
*13. Spring Yearling Heifer (April 1, 2015 to June 30, 2015)
*14. Junior Yearling Heifer (January 1, 2015 to March 31, 2015)
*15. Senior Yearling Heifer (September 30, 2014 to December 31, 2014)
(For classes 9-10: Cow with Natural calf born on or after January 1, 2014)
*16. Two Year Old Cow & Calf (September 1, 2013 to August 31, 2014)
*17. Three Year Old & Over Cow & Calf (Born after September 1, 2013)
Junior Champion Female
Senior Champion Female
Grand Champion Female
Youth Grand Champion Over All Breed (Classes 8-15 eligible)
OPEN SHOW ONLY
*18. Junior Bull Calf (January 1, 2013 to June 30, 2016)
*19. Pair of Calves (2 calves from classes 8, 9, 10, 11 or 18)
*20. Best two(2) head bred and owned by exhibitor
*21. Exhibitor’s Herd, best three (3) head owned by exhibitor
(No registration papers required for these classes)
4H YOUTH AND OPEN SHOW
All animals in Market Classes will be weighed at Field Days and put into classes.
Grand Champion Steer
WORKING STEER AND OX SHOW CLASSES
Showmanship Classes (all youth must enter)
*1. Senior Division
*2. Junior Division
STEER AND OX CLASSES
*3. Under 500 lbs
*4. 500 - 1000 lbs
*5. 1000 - 1400 lbs
*6. 1400 - 1900 lbs
*7. 1900 - 2500 lbs
*8. 2500 - 2900 lbs
*9. 2900 - 3500 lbs
*10. Over 3500 lbs
Only 1st place winners in Classes 3-10 compete for Best of Show
Best in show (classes 3-6)
Best in show (classes 7-10)
(Cart will be provided. There will be a time limit.)
11. Cart Class - Driver under 16
12. Cart Class - Driver over 16
OPEN SHOW AWARDS
1. Premiums will be awarded in all single classes and in classes 21-26 as follows: $20, $18, $16, $14, $12, $10, $8. Premiums will be awarded in group classes and in classes 29-30 as follows: $40, $35, $30, $25, $20.
2. First, second and third place ribbons will be awarded in each class.
3. There will be Rosettes for Junior Champion, Senior Champion and Grand Champion Female of each breed classes 27 & 28.
4. A trophy and $100 will be given to the Grand Champion of the Market Classes (if there are enough entries).
5. A Farm Exhibit Award will be given to the farm that best exemplifies outstanding appearance, herdsman cooperation and good sportsmanship.
YOUTH SHOW AWARDS
1. The Danish system will be used for judging all classes.
2. Each entry will receive a blue, red, or white ribbon.
3. Special awards will be given for the Youths.
4. Youth Herdsman Award
All youth exhibitors who are eighteen (18) years of age or younger as of January 1st of the current year are eligible for youth awards.
Cattle may be displayed without being shown only by special arrangement with the Department Superintendent. All health requirements and arrival and departure times shall apply.
COMBINED YOUTH AND OPEN BEEF SHOW YOUTH AND OPEN WORKING STEER AND OX SHOW
JUDGE: TBA — Friday, August 12, 2016 — 10:00 a.m. Working Steer Show and 3:00 p.m. Beef Show